It's time to set up meetings with experts!
Step One: Set up Users
First, we need to get "experts" into the system. This is a two step process.
- Create a Custom Role dedicated to the experts:
- Generally, this role is labeled "Expert"
- Here are instructions on how to add custom roles
- Assign the Staffing roles:
- For your "expert" users, assign them the role of "Staffer" or "Staffing Lead"
- Here are instructions on how to edit a user profile
- When editing, scroll to the bottom and add the "Staffer" or "Staffing Lead" role.
- Make sure to save.
Great! Now your user profiles are all set up!
Step Two: Set up Staffing
Now it's time to get the Staffing module set up.
- In the top left portion of the screen, use the drop-down menu to select Staffing
- Select Workgroup Setup tab
- Select Add Workgroup tab
- Fill out the following information:
- Workgroup Name is required.
- The Number of Staffers needs to be large enough to include all your experts. Feel free to set this number to something larger than you expect to need.
- Select the names of Staffers and Staffing Leads who are your experts.
- Choose a name for the location.
- Make sure to select the correct workgroup.
- Set a number of "staffers per shift" that accounts for how many experts you have.
This is where you set up "shifts" that your experts will work. They will only be available during the hours you set in this "shift."
- Select Shifts tab from the left-hand navigation
- Select Add Shift tab from the left-hand navigation
- Fill all the information
- Make sure to assign the Workgroup you made in the previous step to this shift.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this step for all the shifts you need.
- Select Scheduling from the left-hand navigation
- Select Schedule Shifts tab
- Click the Schedule Staffers button on the right of the page
- Click on the name of the user you would like to schedule for this shift
- Hover your cursor over the box (shown in red below) until a "+" sign appears.
- Click the "+"
- Confirm that the user you selected has been scheduled for this shift
That's it for the Staffing module!
Now, let's set up a Meeting Type...
Step Four: Set up Meeting Type
- In the top left portion of the screen, use the drop-down menu to select Admin
- Select Meetings tab
- Select Meeting Types tab
- Click the Create Meeting Type button
- Fill out the information:
- Enter a Name and Description
- Select a color for the meeting (this will determine the color of the meeting on the calendar)
- Select Yes for "Does this meeting require experts?"
- Select the "Expert" custom role that was created in Step One
- (optional) Select Topics for the expert meeting
- Select the Workgroup that we created earlier
- (optional) Enforce breaks for your experts by selecting a forced break time.
- (optional) Select when your meetings should start.
- Options are: 00, 15, 30, 45
- (optional) Select the duration of the meeting in minutes.
- (optional) Select Yes if this meeting requires a "checkin"
Woo-hoo! You've set up Expert Meetings!
Now your attendees can schedule meetings with your industry experts.